Makes: About 3/4 cup (2 Tbs per serving)
Total Time: 5-minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 3-4 tablespoons juice of citrus (lemon, orange, tangerine, clementine)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk vigorously until well combined. Alternatively, can blend on high in a small blender for better emulsification. Adjust seasonings and flavors to taste.
- Serve on salads, drizzle on roasted vegetables, use as a marinade or a dipping sauce. Store leftovers in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Tip: Refrigeration may cause oil to harden, so shake well before using.
Store-bought dressings can have added sugars, unhealthy fat, and are often loaded with unwanted ingredients. Homemade dressing is quick & simple to make and uses minimal ingredients. The citrus flavor in this dressing is light & refreshing great for both warm and cold dishes.
Vitamin C boost! Citrus fruits like lemons, limes, oranges, and grapefruit are high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that protects our cells from chronic stress and aging. Add citrus juice to water or tea and eat whole citrus fruits to help support a healthy immune system.