Servings: 2: Prep Time: 5-minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 1 cup fortified, unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 medium ripe banana (use frozen for creamier texture)
- 1 handful fresh spinach (or ¼ cup frozen)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia, hemp or flax seeds
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 scoops unsweetened protein powder (optional)
- Ice, as needed (optional)
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Place all ingredients, except optional ice, in a large blender beginning with choice of milk. Blend until smooth. Add additional milk and/or ice to reach desired consistency.
- Enjoy immediately or save in the refrigerator for up to 8-12 hours.
Wake up and nourish your body with this heart-healthy smoothie rich in fiber, calcium, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids. A balance of these key nutrients may help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.