Makes: About 1 and 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 5-minutes; Cook Time: 5-minutes
Total Time: 10-hours (with refrigeration)
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 garlic gloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large lemon, zested then juiced (about ¼ cup juice and 1 tablespoon zest)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- About ¼ cup fresh herbs of choice -thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, dill
- Additional lemon juice, olive oil, or water, as needed
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Pulse several times to incorporate ingredients, then blend until smooth. Add additional lemon juice, olive oil, or water to reach desired consistency.
- Serve as a dip, spread, or pasta sauce by thinning out with more liquid. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
Corporate Fitness Works | Chef Shannon Nutrition, L.L.C.