Servings: 8 (10 oz. each)
Prep Time: 10-minutes; Total Time: About 1-2 hours
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 8 cups (64 ounces) apple cider
- 2 cups (16 ounces) filtered water
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1 medium red apple, cubed or sliced
- 4 cinnamon sticks (or 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves (or ½ teaspoon ground cloves)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated (optional) Pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Orange slices
- Fresh cranberries
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 2-3 hours until cider reaches desired spice preference. **Alternatively, place apple cider in a large stock pot over medium heat. Allow cider to come to a low boil while prepping sliced apple and orange. Place remaining ingredients into pot with cider and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to low. Keep on low heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in warm mugs with optional garnishes.
This warming beverage is the perfect combination of sweet & spicy. Enjoy the added benefits of the vitamins, minerals, and fiber in fresh fruit garnishes. Apples are high in both soluble and insoluble fiber making them great for digestion.