Prep Time: 15-min; Marinade Time: 3+ hrs; Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 3 hours 30-minutes
- 1-2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4-5 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Unpackage skirt steak and place in a sealable container, then set aside.
- Rewash hands to avoid cross-contamination.
- Slice onion and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor until well-blended, reserving 1/2 cup of the mixture.
- Combine marinade, onions, and steak into the sealable container. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Add steak to grill and cook until desired doneness, about 6-minutes per side for medium rare.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice meat against the grain for optimal tenderness.
- Arrange on a platter of choice and drizzle the reserved 1/2 cup marinade and chopped cilantro overtop of the sliced meat.
- Serve immediately; serves well with lime wedges, warm tortillas, and/or large leaf romaine lettuce.
- Protein: 25g
- Carbs: 5g
- Fat: 7g