Serves: 2; Total Time: 5-10 minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 1 - 2 cups low-fat or unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 medium frozen bananas (best when pre-sliced)
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 scoops unsweetened plain protein powder (optional)
- Ice, as needed
Mix-ins & Toppings (optional):
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted nuts of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons sprinkles
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap an warm water.
- Add all ingredients, except ice, to a high-speed blender starting with just 1 cup of milk. Pulse a few times, then blend until smooth. Add additional milk ¼ cup at a time to reach desired consistency. For colder and icier consistency, add a couple ice cubes at a time along with milk.
- Add additional cocoa powder for a stronger chocolate flavor and any optional mix-ins. Pulse several times until well combined.
- Pour mixture into serving glasses or to-go containers and add optional toppings. Enjoy immediately as a satisfying breakfast, afternoon snack, or healthy dessert!
Adding frozen cauliflower to smoothies and milkshakes increases the fiber to help balance blood sugars without altering flavor. Cauliflower is rich in a variety of nutrients such as B vitamins and antioxidants. Try cutting back on frozen banana and adding more cauliflower to sneak in an extra serving of veggies while making this drink extra creamy in texture!