Servings: Makes 8-10 skewers; Time: 20-minutes (30 if baking)
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
You will need 8-10 skewers
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
Vegetables (choose 4-5):
- 8 oz. baby bella (crimini) mushrooms
- 2 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 medium red or sweet onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 12 oz. broccoli florets
- If using wooden skewers, soak in warm water while preparing ingredients.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Prepare chosen vegetables. If using mushrooms, wipe clean with a damp cloth and remove any tough stems. Chop bell peppers and onions into large square chunks. Slice zucchini and squash into about ½-inch thick slices. Leave mushrooms, tomatoes and broccoli florets whole.
- Place prepared veggies in mixing bowl with marinade and toss to evenly coat.
- If using a grill, preheat to medium-high. If roasting an oven, preheat to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Assemble skewers by alternating threading the center of the vegetables through the skewers. Continue until all veggies are used.
- Grill method: Lightly oil the grill and place kabobs directly on grill. Grill until tender, just before charring, about 3-4 minutes each side.
- Baking method: Place kabobs on prepared baking sheet. Roast for about 15-20 minutes, or until tender, flipping skewers halfway through cooking time.
- Serve immediately or use leftovers on salads or in stir-fries. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.