Servings: Serves 1; Preptime: 5 minutes (refrigerate 6-8 hrs)
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- ⅓ cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt (non-dairy as needed)
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk*
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted, creamy peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons low-sugar fruit jam or jelly of choice
- *If using chia seeds, add additional 2-4 tablespoons milk.
- Fresh berries, sliced
- Banana, sliced
- Chia or hemp seeds
- Unsalted, crushed peanuts or nuts
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- In an airtight container such as a mason jar or reusable to-go container, place rolled oats, chia seeds (optional), Greek yogurt, milk, and cinnamon. Stir until well incorporated.
- Add peanut butter and jam/jelly. Gently stir or swirl into oat mixture.
- Seal container and store in refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours.
- Add optional toppings before enjoying. Prepared oats can remain in refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.