Gain professional experience with a team that moves everybody.
Corporate Fitness Works is looking for positive, goal-orientated professionals with a passion for improving the health of our clients. Our internship program is an ideal stepping stone for students nearing course-work completion in the areas of exercise science, health promotion, or a related field, who want to explore future career opportunities in the corporate fitness industry.
Corporate Fitness Works works at more than 100 client sites in 23 states. Our clients consist of corporations, government agencies, hospitals, senior living communities, property management groups and private country clubs. Comprehensive, hands-on internships are offered at most of the centers during the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Interns have the opportunity to experience many different aspects of the program and facility management:
Daily operations of the facility
Comprehensive fitness assessments
Comprehensive health consultation
Individualized exercise programming
Incentive program development
Group exercise class instruction
Health promotion and incentive programming
Fitness and wellness education
Professional development and networking
What our interns are saying
- 88% found their internship experience to be extremely valuable
- 94% would recommend the internship program to others
- 81% would apply for a full-time position with the company
I first started with Corporate Fitness Works in May 2013 as an intern. I was trained as if I was a full time Team Leader and was never treated as ‘just the intern.’ I had my own daily responsibilities and also had the ability to help the team with their programs and projects. I even had my own group exercise class! Everyone was very encouraging and eager to help me succeed. Throughout my internship, I learned the ins and out of corporate wellness and I choose to stay with Corporate Fitness Works because of the high standards the company sets for their centers and because of the high quality Team Leaders they employ.
– Team Leader since 2013
- Junior or senior pursuing a BS/BA degree in health, fitness, or related field
- Current in-person CPR/AED/First Aid certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross, or the ability to become certified prior to starting the internship
- Preferred course work in exercise testing and prescription, exercise physiology, and anatomy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills a must