Prep Time: 10-minutes; Cook Time: 10-minutes
Total Time: 20-minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 4 fillets boneless, skinless pink salmon (3-4 ounces each)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 8 cups (~10 ounces) spring mix greens
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta or goat cheese
- ½ small red onion, finely diced\
Lemon Honey Dressing:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Heat a large cast iron or dark non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Let heat for 2-3 minutes until entire pan is very hot. Add olive oil to coat pan. Immediately place salmon fillets in skillet. Sprinkle with half the salt & pepper, and let cook without moving about 4-5 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare salad bowls. Divide spring mix into 4 serving bowls. Add blueberries, diced avocado, crumbled cheese, and diced red onion in equal portions.
- Carefully flip fillets over and sprinkle with remaining salt & pepper. Let cook another 3-5 minutes. Use a food-safe thermometer to ensure the thickest fillet has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Salmon should have crusted brown sear marks on outer surface with a remaining light pink color. Remove fillets from skillet onto separate plate to let rest.
- While salmon is resting, prepare the dressing. Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk vigorously until creamy. Alternatively, add ingredients to a jar. Seal tightly and shake vigorously.
- Dice of fork salmon into pieces and add on top of each salad, then drizzle with dressing. Serve fresh. Store salad and dressing leftovers separately in air-tight containers in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Corporate Fitness Works | Chef Shannon Nutrition, L.L.C.