Serves: About 4-6
Prep Time: 10-minutes; Sit/Chill Time: 20-mintues
Total Time: 30-minutes
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of diced red apple
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of chipped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Wash the produce and cilantro ingredients before use. Pat to dry.
- De-stem and dice the strawberries, apple and onion. Chop the cilantro, keeping the leaves and discarding the longer stems.
- Combine all of the ingredients together. Add salt to taste.
- Let sit for approximately 20-minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or use as a topping.
The fruit featured in this recipe provides a healthy source of vitamins and nutrients, like fiber and antioxidants. A diet rich in these elements can help prevent heart disease and certain types of cancer. Consuming foods rich in antioxidants helps protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, reducing inflammation and risks for several other diseases.