Servings: About 10-12 (2 Tbs per serving)
Total Time: 10-minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 2 large avocados
- ½ small lime
- ¼ cup onion, finely diced (any color)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (or ¼ – ½ tsp garlic powder)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Slice avocados in half and remove pits. Use a spoon to remove the flesh from each half and transfer into a small mixing bowl. Tip: Save pits for storing leftovers to help prevent browning.
- Squeeze lime juice onto avocados (remove any seeds, if needed). And onions, garlic, and several pinches of salt.
- Use a fork to mash all ingredients together until desired texture. Adjust seasonings to taste, adding additional salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes one pinch at a time.
- Serve immediately as a snack with whole-grain chips or raw veggies or use as a spread for sandwiches and wraps.
- To store leftovers, transfer to an air-tight container with the saved avocado pits. Place plastic wrap directly over guacamole to prevent any air from reaching the surface. Seal container and store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Did you know?
Avocados are loaded with fiber, monounsaturated fats (the heart-healthy good fats!), and tons of potassium. They are also rich in B vitamins and vitamins E and K. While, they're dense in a variety of nutrients, avocados are also calorie-dense, so eat them mindfully.