Servings: Makes about 30 bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes (includes refrigeration))
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup packed pitted medjool dates
- ¾ cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Honey or 100% maple syrup, as needed
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper.
- Add rolled oats, shredded coconut and cashews to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until ingredients are broken down and no longer whole.
- Add pitted dates, shredded carrot, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sea salt. Blend again until ingredients are well combined and a sticky ball starts to form. If “dough” is not sticky enough, add 1 tablespoon of honey/maple syrup and blend again.
- Using a 1 tablespoon measurer, portion dough into hands and gently roll to form a ball. Place on prepared baking
sheet/plate. Continue until all bites are formed. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Enjoy as a snack or dessert. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.