Prep Time: 15-minutes; Cook Time: 30-mintues
Total Time: 45-minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- lb red potatoes, halved (or quartered if larger than 2” diameter)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 8 whole cloves garlic, separated with skin on
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- ½ large lemon, thinly sliced*
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- ½ large lemon, juiced*
- 1 large lemon, zested*
*Only 1 large lemon is needed to yield zest, juice, and slices
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon avocado oil and season with desired salt and pepper. Toss everything together with your hands until well coated. Arrange in a single layer and bake for 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the size of potatoes.
- Meanwhile, prep remaining ingredients.
- After 10 - 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Add broccoli florets, onion wedges, and garlic. Drizzle ½ tablespoon avocado oil. Season with salt and pepper. Use tongs or a spatula to toss in oil with other vegetables. Arrange vegetables around outer edge of pan leaving an opening in the middle.
- Place chicken breasts in the center of the sheet pan. Drizzle with remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Use a basting brush or one hand to carefully coat the chicken in seasoning. Place 1 lemon slice and 1 rosemary spring atop each breast. Bake for an additional 12-18 minutes (depending on thickness of breast), or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees F and potatoes are fork tender.
- Allow to cool slightly for 2 minutes. Drizzle entire pan with lemon juice. Scatter lemon zest and feta cheese on top. Serve warm.
- Allow leftovers to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Sheet pan recipes can be adjusted based on desired portions. Cut recipe ingredients in half for just 2 servings or double the quantities for 8 servings.