Servings: makes 8 slices or 9 squares
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 8 large whole eggs
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat milk or unsweetened nut milk
- 3-4 ounces cheese of choice, shredded or crumbled (optional)
- Dried seasonings of choice, to taste Pinch of salt
Choose 2-3 cups total of leftovers:
- Shredded poultry
- Diced lean beef
- Diced bacon,
- Sliced smoked salmon
- Sliced sausage links
- Canned beans
- Cubed tofu
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
- Leafy greens
- Grape tomatoes
- Sweet or white potatoes
- Sautéed leafy greens
- Bell peppers
- Spaghetti Squash
- Green Beans
- Spaghetti noodles
- Rice noodles
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 10” round pan or 9x9” square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Stir in cheese (if using), seasonings, and salt. Set aside.
- Prepare chosen leftovers however fits best – diced, sliced, shredded, cubed, etc. Arrange leftover ingredients in the bottom of prepared pan. Carefully pour egg mixture into pan allowing it to fill around the leftovers, leaving at least ½-inch space from top of eggs to top of pan (you may not use entire egg mixture depending on quantity of leftovers). If needed, carefully shake pan to evenly distribute the eggs. Top with extra cheese or seasonings as desired.
- Bake in oven for about 25-35 minutes, or until eggs are firm and the top and edges are golden brown.
- Enjoy warm with optional toppings. Eat as is or turn it into a frittata breakfast sandwich using whole-grain toast, English muffin, or bagel!