Servings: Makes 6 (4.5" x 4") pieces; Total Time: 40-minutes
Recipe developed by: Shannon Costello, RDN, LD with CFW
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk (or unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Mix & Match fillings:
- Fresh spinach, chopped*
- White/yellow onion, diced
- Bell peppers, diced*
- Broccoli florets, chopped*
- Asparagus, diced*
- Tomatoes, diced
- Reduced-fat cheese, shredded or crumbled Dried herbs & spices of choice, to taste
*Can also use frozen varieties. Simply thaw before chopping or dicing.
- Sliced avocado
- Diced Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9"x11" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together until smooth and slightly bubbly.
- Arrange your desired fillings on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. The fillings should loosely cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer.
- Carefully pour egg mixture on top of filling ingredients. Gently stir the veggies into the eggs. Season with optional herbs and spices, shredded cheese, or additional salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 25-35 minutes, or until the top is firm and edges are golden brown and start to pull away from the pan.
- Slice into desired portion sizes and serve warm with optional toppings.
- Let completely cool before storing leftovers in an air-tight container. Store in refrigerator for 4-5 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To warm leftovers, microwave for 30-60 seconds before adding desired toppings.