Explore a Career in Health & Wellbeing!
Join us in leading a health revolution that moves everybody!
Corporate Fitness Works is looking for positive, goal-orientated professionals with a passion for improving the health of our clients. Our internship program is an ideal stepping stone for students nearing course-work completion in the study of exercise science, health promotion, or related field, looking to explore future career opportunities in the wellness and fitness industry. Our 20% intern hire rate is well above the national average and shows that we are serious about providing our interns the best career experience.
Corporate Fitness Works provides wellness and fitness solutions for clients located in 140 facilities across 26 states and DC. Our clients consist of corporations, government agencies, hospitals, senior living communities, property management groups and private country clubs. Comprehensive, hands-on internships are offered at most of the centers during the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
Interns have the opportunity to experience many different aspects of the program and facility management:
- Customer care
- Daily operations of the facility
- Comprehensive fitness assessments
- Comprehensive health consultation
- Individualized exercise programming
- Incentive program development
- Group exercise class instruction
- Health promotion and incentive programming
- Fitness and wellness education
- Professional development and networking
What Our Interns Are Saying:
- 88% found their internship experience to be extremely valuable
- 94% would recommend the internship program to others
- 81% would apply for a full-time position with the company
“I first started with Corporate Fitness Works in May 2013 as an intern. I was trained as if I was a full time Team Leader and was never treated as “just the intern.” I had my own daily responsibilities and also had the ability to help the team with their programs and projects. I even had my own group exercise class! Everyone was very encouraging and eager to help me succeed. Throughout my internship, I learned the ins and out of corporate wellness and I choose to stay with Corporate Fitness Works because of the high standards the company sets for their centers and because of the high quality Team Leaders they employ.” – Team Leader since 2013
- Junior or senior pursuing a BS/BA degree in health, fitness, or related field
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross, or the ability to become certified prior to starting the internship
- Preferred course work in exercise testing and prescription, exercise physiology, and anatomy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills a must
Click here to apply and/or submit your resume.
Spring internship applications accepted beginning September 15
Summer internship applications accepted beginning November 15
Fall internship applications accepted beginning May 15
Stipend internships are available.